How do I take care of my new tattoo?
For those of you who haven't been tattooed by me, I suggest following the instructions given to you by your tattooist. We all use different antiseptics, pigments and the like so whatever the artist tells you, DO IT! If you can't remember, can't get a hold of them or don't like them just make sure your tattoo is kept clean and out of the sun and water!
For those of you that get tattooed by me,or want to, here are my aftercare instructions:
1. Leave your bandage on for 2 to 3 hours. NO LONGER!
2. When you remove your bandage, wash your tattoo with anti-bacterial soap and warm water. Make sure ALL ointment is removed from your tattoo immediately.
3. Pat tattoo dry with a clean paper towel.
4. Apply a THIN layer of lotion to your tattoo making sure it absorbs fully. Stay away from aloe vera, "ultra healing", lanolin and anything that smells pretty. DO NOT use a & d ointment, neosporin or vaseline! Read this blog post for some good aftercare products.
5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 fives times a day! A clean tattoo will heal quickly and without scabbing.
6. Avoid clothing that will irritate your tattoo.
7. Do not go swimming, hot tubbing or tanning for the first two weeks.
8. Do not pick or scratch your tattoo! If it itches, wash your hands and put lotion on it.
9. Do not re-bandage your tattoo