Frequently asked questions
Can I have a parent sign for me if I am not 18?
You must be 18 with a valid I.D. to get tattooed. I do not tattoo anyone under the age of 18.
Do you take appointments over the phone?
No, all bookings must go through my website. If you are a returning client with an in-progress tattoo, please DM or email me for the booking link. You do not have to fill out an inquiry for in-progress pieces.
What do I do if I want a custom drawing?
If you are looking for a custom drawn tattoo, please fill in a Tattoo Booking Inquiry. Get together all reference, ideas, magazines, printouts, books, toys, statues and anything else you have collected pertaining to the tattoo in the event that we have to do a consultation. Consults are not always needed. After your email/DM/video message/in person consultation, you will be ready to set your tattoo appointment. A deposit is required for booking a tattoo appointment, and is due at the time of setting your appointment. All deposit monies go toward the final tattoo price and deposits are non-refundable.
Can I bring my friends?
You can definitely bring a friend with you to keep you comfortable but please keep it to one person. Our studio is small. It can get a little cramped otherwise.
Do you use numbing cream/spray?
Mostly only for cosmetic makeup tattoo procedures however I do have a topical that can be used during the process if needed. Please do not put a numbing cream on before your appointment without confirming with me first or your appointment can be subject to cancellation.
Can I take pain killers before my appointment?
NO. Most pain killers will result in heavier bleeding through the tattoo due to thinning of the blood. This can result in less than ideal circumstances for the process and healing. You can absolutely take a pain killer afterwards if necessary.
What do you charge?
My minimum is $100 and my hourly rate is reserved for large, multiple session pieces.
If you want a tattoo that can be done in one sitting then you will get a flat rate quote. Feel free to fill out a tattoo booking inquiry.
How do I take care of my new tattoo?
For those of you who haven't been tattooed by me, I suggest following the instructions given to you by your tattooist. We all use different antiseptics, pigments and the like so whatever the artist tells you, DO IT! If you can't remember, can't get a hold of them or don't like them just make sure your tattoo is kept clean and out of the sun and water!
For those of you that get tattooed by me, or want to, here are my aftercare instructions:
1. Leave your bandage on for 2 hours. NO LONGER!
2. When you remove your bandage, wash your tattoo with anti-bacterial soap and warm water. Make sure ALL ointment is removed from your tattoo immediately. Wash gently and don't scrub your new tattoo.
3. Pat tattoo dry with a clean paper towel. Let air dry for a minute or two.
4. Apply a SMALL amount of lotion or aftercare ointment given to you to your tattoo making sure it absorbs fully. Your tattoo should not feel wet or sticky. Stay away from aloe vera, "ultra healing", lanolin and anything that smells pretty. DO NOT use a & d ointment, neosporin or vaseline! Read this blog post for good after care products.
5. Repeat this 3-4 times a day. A clean tattoo will heal quickly and without scabbing. (light peeling and flaking of the tattoo is normal)
6. Avoid clothing that will irritate your tattoo.
7. Do not go swimming, hot tubbing or tanning for the first two weeks.
8. Do not pick or scratch your tattoo! If it itches, wash your hands and put lotion on it.
9. Do not re-bandage your tattoo